Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2010 Ford fusion AWD 3.5L. & my air bag light is on

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Ford fusion AWD 3.5L. & my air bag light is on so i scanned the airbag and it has a code U3000:4A-8B code that won't clear. I saw a bulletin for this and reprogrammed the Left & Right SOD Modules according to the update & it still doesn't clear
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, that service bulletin only applies if the U3000 is for the collision avoidance system. With the airbag light on, the U3000 is for the airbag system and thus the bulletin is not applicable. Has any of the airbag modules been replaced for any reason in this vehicle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I know of I ask the customer and he says no but it's an auction vehicle
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, do the following CHECK THE RCM AND OCSM VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION PIDs -Ignition ON.- Enter the following diagnostic mode on the scan tool: DataLogger - RCM.- View and record the following PID values:- V_ID_14229_RCM- OCS_MY- Enter the following diagnostic mode on the scan tool: DataLogger - OCSM.- View and record the following PID values:- V_ID_14229_OCS- MY_14229- Verify the correct vehicle application.- Do the PID values match the vehicle application? If the Pid values dont match, replace the RCM or OCSM - whichever doesnt match. If they do match, let me know and will go from there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok now I'm using a snap on scanner & a autel scant oil and I see what it gives me ok
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Ok, sounds good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey what's up I double checked with the customer and he told that this a flood vehicle and they replaced the front seats so he still had the original seats so I reinstalled the original OCSM module & no more U3000. but now I have a B00C2 code
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Is there a 12, 13, 1A, 49 or 81 at the end of the B00C2 code. My first instinct is to say run from this vehicle as my experience with flood vehicles is they are never ending problems...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes B00C2: 13-8B & B00C2: 81-8B
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,DTC B00C2:13 (Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor "C": Circuit Open) - When the OCSM measures resistance greater than 498,200 ohms on the OCS weight sensor bolt "C" signal circuit, a fault will be indicated B00C2-81 Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor - invalid serial data - reset procedure needs to be done. It likely will not complete the procedure until the other code is repaired.I have uploaded the testing and reset procedures for you. I am going to say that based upon it being a flood vehicle, it likely needs a new harness going to the passenger seat as the water has likely damaged it Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok can you show me a picture of which one it is
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Just about in the middle of the passenger seat bottom cushion - see attached HI,DTC B00C2:13 (Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor "C": Circuit Open) - When the OCSM measures resistance greater than 498,200 ohms on the OCS weight sensor bolt "C" signal circuit, a fault will be indicated B00C2-81 Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor - invalid serial data - reset procedure needs to be done. It likely will not complete the procedure until the other code is repaired.I have uploaded the testing and reset procedures for you. I am going to say that based upon it being a flood vehicle, it likely needs a new harness going to the passenger seat as the water has likely damaged it Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.