EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

I have a Lincoln Town car executive with a code p0171 and what

Customer Question

I have a Lincoln Town car executive with a code p0171 and what is it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They say it's running lean of fuel.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The po171 does indicate lean. What that means is the engine detected too much air and is adding fuel. When it adds too much fuel the p0171 is set. Low fuel pressure can cause that, or a vacuum leak. Has anything been done to try and correct this yet?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for viewing my response. Have you checked for vacuum leaks, or fuel pressure or done anything yet? Please let me know and rate my service to you. Thank you.