Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Lincoln Mark 8: When i started my car it started up and i started

Customer Question
When i started my car...
When i started my car it started up and i started to drive my car and i got around the corner my engine started to shake and slutter and my brakes lock up on me and my car cut off i tried to cut it on again and it tried to fire up andthen it cut off i let it sit for a while it started it up but the engine was shaking sluttering and i gave it gas and when i tried to put it in drive the brakes locked up again and cut off again whats the problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was thinking a vacum leak because i just had a engine put in a couple of weeks ago
4/15/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. We first off need to go after what is causing this misfire. Normally that is bad plugs, wires, or coils. The next step is checking the fuel pressure, and monitoring the injector pulse. The brake issue could be to blame on the engine stalling and the vacuum to the brake booster effected. Have you checked for any trouble codes stored which would point to the fault sooner than diagnosing by symptom? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well i got new coils plugs and i haven't done that yet but the people who put my engine in my car a few weeks ago did8give me any codes but do u think the engine os flooded because i just dont know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I waz hoping u could narrow it down for me but tommorrow im taking it back to them
If it will start, if it were flooded it would clear that out in about 10 seconds of run time. With the information I have so far just that its stalling and shaking. I have to start with the most likely causes, which are the ignition components.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician