Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS and the heat blows only super hot

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS and the heat blows only super hot out of all vents regardless of what temp either dual climate control is set to.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: AC does work and mixes with the heat, so it's not an issue with AC not working, it's heat is always running and is about 90 degrees if AC is not running too
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lincoln Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.The automatic HVAC in your LS has self-diagnostic capabilities that will help us with our diagnosis. Please run the test as indicated below and let me know the results so we can continue.perform the self test indicated below. Then please let me know the results.Make sure cabin temperature is within 0-32°C (32-90°F).Turn ignition ONTo enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within 2 seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.To exit self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, push the blue (cooler) button. The control will exit self-test, retain all intermittent diagnostic trouble codes and then turn OFF (display blank).To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. Then, the EATC control assembly will turn OFF (display blank) and all DTCs will be cleared.Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF).Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My console control does not have any button called "floor". There is the button that by pressing three different times changes the vents from floor to dash to window. This button is next to the OFF button so I assume it may be what you're referring to . When I press these two buttons at the same time nothing happens. Then when I press the AUTO button the AC turns on even though it is 35 degrees here and I have the climate control set to 68 degrees. There was no pulse tracer or anything different with the display
I’m sorry, but I don’t have any other information that could help you at this time. I’ll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.Best Regards.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Would you like me to try and help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2005 Lincoln LS and the heat blows only super hot out of all vents regardless of what temp either dual climate control is set to. AC does work and mixes with the heat, so it's not an issuewith AC not working, it's heat is always running and is about 90 degrees if AC is not running too. The first mechanic I talked to told me there was a self diagnostic I could run by pushing the "floor" and "off" buttons at the same time then pushing the "auto" button, but I don't have a "floor" button, just the button next to the off button that switches the vents from floor to dash to window. I tried pushing that button and the off button at the same time but nothing happened. Then when I pushed the auto button it turned on the AC even though it's 35 degrees here and my climate control is set to 68 degrees. He said he didn't know how to help me any further.
Can you do the test below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/selftest.pdfI am pretty sure your going to get a coolant control valve code indicating one of the 2 below tests need to be ran.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/testJ.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/testH.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I ran the first self test successfully and got the error code 2798. Looking in your last link for what to do when getting that code, I'm not sure I would know where to disconnect the things it's talking about in H9 & H10 I think it was. Do you know if it's more commonly an actual short in the wiring itself or if it's typically a component that just needs replaced?? Thx
In H9 the DATC connector is on the back of the climate control module that is in the center of the dash where you change the temp.In H9 and 10 the climate control valve is on the passenger side of the radiator fan, engine side, about midway down the shroud.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris