EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

Lincoln LS electronic parking brake won't set, ((P)) code on

Customer Question

Lincoln LS electronic parking brake won't set, ((P)) code on dash display. Thx
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: At this point
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lincoln Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thx
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. There is a resetting procedure that you can try for the parking brake. But there is a control module and actuator for the parking brake. If the reset procedure does not work for you, you may need to get the parking brake module checked for the codes that it has stored. Let me know if you are interested in at least trying the reset procedure. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read about a reset procedure in the owners manual which was a sequence of actions while holding down the brake peddle which didn't work. Is that what you have been referring too? The car sat for 10 years and has less than 5000 miles on it, does that help in the diagnosis? Thx
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is the procedure. I will be honest if sitting it is possible that actuator or cables have frozen up. Maybe even the brake calipers.