Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 96 Linc TC. The lights inside and out just came on by…

Customer Question
Have a 96 Linc...

Have a 96 Linc TC. The lights inside and out just came on by themselves one night while at a restaurant. We got in a drove it home. Everything seemed ok. Got up next morning and opened car door, and lights were flickering and there was a ticking noise. Car also would not start. Not sure what problem was. Car mechanic could not duplicate issue. But it happened again the very same night after having taken it to the mehanic. We have unplugged the batter cables for now so as to not drain the battery until we can resolve the matter. The mechanic mentioned possibility of the light module needing replacing, which has led me to research this and other sites for more information. What do you think the problem could be?

Mechanic's Assistant: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Lincoln Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Anything else I can tell the Lincoln Mechanic before I connect you two?

How much will this cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.

Is the deposit non-refundable?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
4/3/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Based on your symptoms and without doing electrical diag yet. The most likely cause is the lighting control module faulty. Its a common failure. You would need an aftermarket overhauled one or a junkyard one. A part and labor cost between 400-800$ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating at the top of your screen was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician