Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

What up

Customer Question
chris...
what up chris
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on 1999 lincoln navagator replace sterring colume and know it wont start
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call at this time myself here.

Have you double checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly?

Was the complete column and steering wheel replaced with all electronics as well as a new key?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Just to be sure a new key was installed as well and was it one that matched the old column from the old vehicle if this was replaced with a used column?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what up pete r u gone give me the aserw r not
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what up pete talk to me man so we can resolve this problem ok.

I am looking into some theft components on this right now I will post back here shortly.

Thanks Pete

Since the column and key were replaced the theft system needs programmed to allow engine starting.Unfortunately there isnt a manual way to do this on this model here.This has to be done with a dealers scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle.Until this is done the vehicle will not start and run.Here is the procedure they generally follow for this here.

1. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position using the new, unprogrammed ignition key. 2. Enter NGS/SBD'S using the Ford Service Function (FSF) card and enter the appropriate instrument cluster. Follow Security Access to obtain security access. 3. From the NGS/SBDS menu Select: IGNITION KEY CODE PROGRAM. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and disconnect NGS/SBDS. 5. Attempt to start the engine with the new ignition key. The vehicle engine should start and run normally.

They will usually charge anywhere from a half hour to an hours labor to do this.Unfortunately I dont see any other manual way you can do this yourself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pete where is the ngs/sbds fution r.

Do you have the correct scan tool/computer to plug into your model that has ford programming access?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
listen pete i paid for service if u can't tell me what the problem give me my money back ok.

I posted above that you have to have your vehicles security system programmed since a new column and key is used.The computers do not recognize these new components until it is programmed.This has to be done by a dealer with their scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle.Until this is done by a dealer or authorized repair center (that has access to programming) the vehicle will not start and run.I wish I had better news for you on this here but your vehicle does need programmed to correct this.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no i don' where can i get the scan tool from.

Unfortunately this is a dealer item only or a special repair facility that is authorized by Ford plus you would have to have access to Ford programming on top of just owning the scan tool which can be expensive to access to program this yourself.Your best choice here is to allow a dealer to reprogram this.It may cost around $100 for them to do this and is far less expensive then buying the correct tool and trying to purchase the programming software as you would be looking at paying over $3000 instead of the $100 a dealer would charge.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yall suvks u better not charge my card becauseu didnt help me with this matter bye.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if u do iam coming to see u and it aint gonna be pretty.

I am sending this to customer service for you.They can help further on this.

Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. Different tech here
  2. Would you like me to help
  3. Do you still need that phone call?

1. Different tech here
  2. Would you like me to help
  3. Do you still need that phone call?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician