roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

I have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator and while I was driving the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator and while I was driving the other day the a/c air turned warm and has been blowing warm air every since. What could this be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Ac was ice cold but while driving home from out of town over the weekend the air coming from the vent was warm and never did return to cold Ac
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

it sounds like the freon has leaked out. can you check and see if the ac clutch is coming on under the hood with the engine running

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on my way to church and check it out tomorrow. How would I know if the clutch is coming on? Not sure where it is located
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

it is down low on the motor. do you have any gauges to check for pressure??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No..I don't have any tools of that nature. As a woman I didn't want to take my truck to the dealership and they tell me I need something that I really don't need.
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

I understand. I would never recommend a dealer anyway. try a local shop for a quick diagnostic to determine the problem. they should it for about 20 bucks. let me know the results and then we can continue chatting about what it is, why and how much to fix it

roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

your welcome

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy