Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The radio turns off when the engine is running. turn the…

Customer Question
The radio turns off...

The radio turns off when the engine is running. turn the engine off and the radio comes back on. 2006 linoln navigator

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Preferred

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
3/15/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Just to make sure I understand, the radio works with the key off?
  2. What does the radio do in the accessory position?
  3. What does the radio do the in the run position?
  4. Does the radio work briefly or not at all after starting?
1. yes the radio works when the key is turned to the off position only when the car has been turned on. It has always stayed on until I open a door etc.
2. In the accessory position the radio turns on and plays fine.
3. When I start the truck the radio turns off and the display screen goes blank. no sound, no navigation, nothing.
4. The radio turns off as soon as I turn over the engine and does not work at all until I turn the car off, then the radio turns back on on its own and stays on until I open a door or turn off.

Thanks, ***** ***** check some fuses for me?

Monitor fuse 7 under the dash. Does it only have power when starting?

Once started and the radio is not working, do fuses 22 and 31 have power?

all of those fuses are good. A guy suggested sparking the negative cable to the positive cable to reset the memory?

Did you just check to see if the fuses were good or did you check the voltage on them in the scenario I mentioned?

If all these fuses passed my test then its your radio that is to blame.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.