Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

This is a question about the AC floor door/doors

Customer Question
This is a question...

This is a question about the AC floor door/doors panel/panels on a 2007 Lincoln Town Car with duel control AC. When switching from dash, floor, defrost or a combination the AC has a mind of its own. To get to the actuators and doors, do I go through the glove compartment area? Are both located in the same general area?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes I am. If I run into problems here I have my brother as a back up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Ran it on a diagnostic and the code is "B1263", Panel/Floor Door Circuit Fail, Dual Auto Temp Control.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?

When the humidity is very low the driver seat adjustment does not work. Radio does not go off automatically when the door is opened, must be turned off by pushing the knob. It indicates door is open. When the humidity is extreme, raining or blowing mist, it works just fine. It was working fine today when we ran the codes. Showed a history code of "B1318", Driver Door Module, Low Battery Voltage at Module. While testing today it indicated a 9.1V. All was fine today when running it through the tests.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Scott W., Technician replied 2 years ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** me look up this information for you.

To replace the vent actuator, the dash need to be removed along with the plenum, I can give some removal steps if you like, this is a big job. The actuators is usually all we replace, I don't think I have ever had a wiring concern on one of these vehicles, it is always the actuator that is faulty. If you go in there to replace it, I would suggest replacing them all since you are there.