Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My load leveler on a 2000 Lincoln Town Car with 55,000

Customer Question
actual miles has gone out...
My load leveler on a 2000 Lincoln Town Car with 55,000 actual miles has gone out. The car is almost on the ground. What is the estimated cost to repair?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
3/8/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

One very common cause for this type of problem can be caused by the rear air bags cracking due to age and not holding air any more and if that is the case you can get a new set for about $150 plus about 3 hours to replace them. That being said in order to know for sure if it is leaking air bags the actual diagnostic will need to be done to confirm. You looking at about 2 hours in labor to do the diagnostic . Until they are done there is no way to know for sure the total price and or what is actually failing. Most shops will do the diagnostic and then give you complete pricing to to the actual repair if you decide to do it.