Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

05 Lincoln Navigator turn over but will not start right away…

Customer Question
05 Lincoln Navigator turn over...
05 Lincoln Navigator turn over but will not start right away after sitting for hours code for rail sensor came up and fuel pump filter also
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
3/2/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. What is common on those to fail or rot out is the fuel pump driver module. It is what actually duty cycles the fuel pump. It is mounted on the frame rail on the drivers side in the rear. I would first visually inspect that for signs of being rotted out on the back side. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

What about that rail sensor

The rail sensors do go bad. But the code will set with too low or high fuel pressure as well. And if the fuel pressure was there, the truck will still start. even if the rail sensor was not reading correctly. Might not run good though. But if you want to check it, you can read its psi on a scan tool, and take a manual pressure reading and compare the readings.

Looking for the fuel pump driver module can't quite find it is it under the spare tire

Yes the spare tire may be in the way from getting a good view. It is on the drivers side.

Truck want start now still has code po191 and code p1233

What did you end up doing? Can you check the fuel pressure with a scan tool or a manual gauge?

I haven't put the fuel pump driver-module yet so I don't know if that's it putting it on now

Was it corroded?

Changed part still will not crank do I need to charge the relay 303 on it before fuel pump

Does not crank or does not start? Those are 2 very different things. You are just asking about changing parts. You should determine what your fuel pressure actually is when the truck is not starting.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician