Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I was coming home from work one day and my check engine

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** was coming home from work one day and my check engine light started blinking(after being on for months due to a misfire on one of my coil packs). I made it home and parked it. It's been sitting for 4 months and when I went to try to start it up take to the shop, it wouldn't start. Put a brand new battery in but that didn't work. Pressed the fuel reset switch and still didn't work. The car comes on and turns over when I try to start it but that's. My next option is dealing with the starter but idk........Help please...........
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nah that's about it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Just need to clarify.

Does the engine crank over by the starter but not start up or does the engine not crank over by the starter?