Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My key is stick in the ignition, I tried turning the key to…

Customer Question
My key is stick...

My key is stick in the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I tried turning the key to get it out and it still won't come out

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
My keys are not coming out
2/28/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

What year and model Lincoln are you working on?

2007 mkz

First, make sure the vehicle is completely in park. If it is not completely in park, it will not release the key.

it's completely in park

Can you start the vehicle and shift it into gear?

I can

The problem is the ignition key cylinder. It is internally broken and not releasing the key. You can either call a locksmith or talk it to a repair shop to have it serviced. There is a release mechanism built into the key cylinder to allow the key to release.

Ok thanks u

If the key cannot be removed, a new one will have to be made and the key cylinder will have to be drilled out and a new one built and installed to match the existing key to the vehicle.