Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 02 lincoln ls overheat, 02 lincoln ls 3.9 radiator…

Customer Question
I have a 02...

I have a 02 lincoln ls overheat

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

02 lincoln ls 3.9 radiator hose is hot on one top and radiator hose coming from bottom of radiator is cold after a drive

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
2/26/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Ron Z., - Lincoln Tech - replied 2 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lincoln Tech -

When one radiator hose is hot and the other is cold, this is usually the sign of lack of circulation which is more commonly due to a faulty Thermostat, so this would be the3 best place to start. The thermostat housing is located on the top, front of the engine. Replacing the thermostat is not a bad job at all. If replacing the thermostat does not solve the problem, then the water pump will need to be checked to make sure it is circulating coolant and the radiator inspected for any clogs. Like I say though, more commonly, a failed thermostat.

I replaced thermostat, radiator and waterpump

Did you bleed the system?

alldata procedures this car has got me going crazy
What do u consider normal operating temp on this car

Sorry for the delay... tied up with another customer... my apologies!

Normal temp should be around 185-195. Only other thing I can think of would be possible head gasket. But that should show in a pressure test. Let me ask a few of the other Ford Techs for some input and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.