Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln MKX 08....gears seem to "slip" sometimes

Customer Question
sporadically. Today the...
Lincoln MKX 08....gears seem to "slip" sometimes sporadically. Today the gear seemed to be "stuck" in low gear and couldn't shift to next gear for drive. Finally stopped several time and shifted the gears to park then stopped tried reverse. Finally got the gears to shift to drive so I can get to speeds of 45 plus.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/19/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Jeromy Madison,
 replied 2 years ago
Jeromy Madison

Ok, have you check the transmission fluid? What color is it? Does it smell burnt?

Checked it. No burnt smell. Color is a burnt orange but looks like just the very end has fluid. If I am looking correctly....that would mean low on Trans fluid. Would this interfere with the shifting into gears? Guessing it does!
Lincoln Mechanic: Jeromy Madison,
 replied 2 years ago

Yes, if it is low at all it can cause shifting issues.