Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We also are AVID followers of Christ!AMEN! Listen, Brother,

Customer Question
Hey, Chris, We also are...
Hey, Chris, We also are AVID followers of Christ!AMEN! This IS Providential!
Listen, Brother, it would be REAL nice if the # ***** words were infinite. I am an Electrical Contractor in NYC. As I advise my clients: I like to make every move count. I bought this car for my Son, Luke, and I want to do the BEST Job possible. Even A Dashboard Change-Out! Please advise me as a Brother and inform me of what to do step by step as I am having my friend, Joe, my mechanic, do the work. Let's do a custom job!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
2/16/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Just to make sure when you say you want to change the dashboard, you are referring to everything in front of both the driver and passenger below the windshield?

Hey, Chris,
What I want to do is THE BEST Change-Out Job that can possibly be accomplished in regards ***** ***** COMPLETELY Rid of ALL the IDIOT Lights and the digital gauges and replacing them with ALL REAL ANALOG Gauges! THE CAR HAS NO TEMP. GAUGE For Cry'in Out-Loud!!! What I would like to do is NOT JUST mount a set of gauges such as Temp. Volts, And Oil Press. and an independent Tachometer; BUT: Change-Out the existing RIDICULOUS IDIOT LIGHT original dashboard LIMITED ( Fuel ) digital gauge to a COMPLETE Set of ANALOG Gauges as I mentioned. This means that at the end of the day I want my Son, Luke, to have THE BEST of THE BEST, ***** ***** will have ALL the ANALOG Gauges ( Temp / Voltmeter / Oil Pressure / and Tachometer) ALL IN ONE DASHBOARD INSTRUMENT CLUSTER giving him THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: The Bill Blass Edition WITH ALL the ANALOG Gauges!!! THE RIGHT WAY!!! NOT THE IDIOT WAY!!! THE INTELLIGENT WAY!!! NOT THE IDIOT WAY!!! THE SMART WAY!!! NOT THE IDIOT WAY!!!Thank-You!Christspeed,
Chris

I have never done a cluster swap from digital to analog but I have all the Ford repair guides and wire diagrams. Do you need the cluster removal steps and cluster wire diagrams?

Chris,No not necessarily the dash in front of the Passenger Side. This would ONLY be changed if it ABSOLUTELY had to in order for us to accomplish the goal I am shooting for.
Listen, my muscle car, back in the day, was a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 383 Magnum / 335 HP (off the assembly-line), 4-Speed, Dearfoot / Pistol-Grip Shifter. AND THIS DID NOT HAVE IDIOT LIGHTS!!!!!!! GOD FORBID!!!!!!!
I HATE Bumper Stickers But I tell you, Chris; That I am going to print out a VERY, VERY, VERY, Loud Bumper Sticker that says:I HATE IDIOT LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AMEN???Please get back to me Promptly.
Thank-You.Have A Blessed Night.

Did you see what I had to offer in my last response?

Hey, Chris; Thanks, Man.OK; I have 3 ?'s:#1) I forgot to mention that this will intrinsically include an Analog Speedometer also, of course.#2) I would NEVER be able to stop my world long enough for me to 'Do It Yourself '. Not Going To Happen! Scripturally speaking: It's NEVER can or can't BUT Will or Won't. In my case: I won't!!!#3) Chris, can you direct me to someone in this neck of the Country who Will do this for me and not expect me to help him Go Public In The Stock Market?!?!?

What is your zip code and I will see what shops in your area may be willing to try this.

Chris, Thanks.I can determine that you are a real sport. But, I don't quite understand your business dynamics of typing on this machine called a computer @ 2335 hrs. to conduct this business with me as I may have found my Rival of the craziness of making a living; (Not A killing, mind you), for my Family @ such dual candle-end burning hours!I live in Rockland County; The sub-burbs of NYC: Nanuet: ###-##-####
I work the 5 boros as I am an Electrical Contractor ( Please DO NOT let this title connote $$$) Thank-You ( Conversation, possibly at another time), Ecclesiastes Chapter 3.I am staying in Brooklyn tonight, where I am Headquartered: Bath Beach; ###-##-####
Thanks, ***** *****!

Okay I did a search in your area for shops that state they specialize in electrical. What I cam up with are:

AF AUTO SERVICE

*****/p>

SCARSDALE, NY###-##-#######) ###-####/p>

KENTS AUTO INC

21 north route 303
congers, NY 10920(###) ###-####/p>

ZAP AUTOMOTIVE CORP

3714 BROADWAY
FAIRLAWN, NJ 07610(###) ###-####/p>

Sound Concept Inc

264 E Route 59,

Nanuet, NY 10954

(###) ###-####/p>

Depot Auto Sound & Security Incorporated

*****

White Plains, NY 10606

(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Chris, it's a looooooooooooooooooooooong story, how we met this Great Mechanic up in Fishkill, NY.He is a great guy (A Very RARE Auto Mechanic of INTEGRITY) who I hit it off with from Day 1! His name is Joe ( Another Pisano!!!)
He might do this job, however, it would have to be Super-Planned and worked-out Clockwise Perfect as he is 1 hour away from our Home. In fact he has the vehicle right now. ( A whole 'nother loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story!)OK; Chris, I will leave the ball on your side of the net. When you play it back to me I will respond accordingly. Thank-You for your Efforts, Help, and Due Diligence.The Wiring Diagrams and Schematics would be Key; Master Key.Thanks,
Christoforo
OK, Moose, I received your list and it is WELL appreciated!Listen, The Wiring Diagrams and Schematics; What am I looking @ ($ / Time / Availability) in acquiring them and are they 'Readily' available on-line "Publicly"?

See the links below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/89wire.pdf

Chris, You're a Gem!!!You know I just realized it!!! You are probably on the West Coast enjoying 2130 hrs. and here I am thinking that you are up working just like this clown that is typing to you!!!
OK; Back to our purpose: It looks like page 7 is what I will be studying. I was just looking at it pretty closely and it appears that there are some similarities that can coincide with the change-out, however, if any alterations or sensor replacements have to be made this will be quite the undertaking. I also notice that the harness can either be an all-in-one with the wiring available to accomodate both applications or otherwise. This will have to be determined. The first stop I am going to make is the Exact way that I handle my business tech research / ?'s: Go Directly To Mfg. Tech Support; DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200.00!!! The Best Phone Call That I Can Ever Make!Mr, Moose; I am calling it a Midnight! You have a very Blessed Night! I will Follow-Up this computer-transaction tomorrow.Goodnight!Christspeed,
Chris

I am in TN.

I work on here 3pm-3am 365 days a year.

Good night

Good morning, Chris,Hope all is well.
Thanks, ***** ***** know your Time & Place of your Occupation. And Now I can Truly appreciate How AND What you do.Listen, I realize that you have to make your living and I respect and appreciate this. I just would like to get more information for the $25.00 that this discourse has cost me. Please, Brother, don't be offended.
I feel that what would be just and fair would be for you to help me, first of ALL, To let me know if this project can even be considered DOABLE because of the Electrical wiring harness and components being different and set-up for a DIGITAL ELECTRONIC instrumentation and not an ANALOG CONVENTIONAL one. Once we are passed this MAJOR Hurdle then we can go to Square 1: Find the Instrument Cluster in the marketplace and; Square 2: Find a shop that can do this for us at a reasonable cost.Chris, Thanks for all your direction and input on this, you are greatly appreciated; And as I mentioned, at the end of our pursuit and transaction, here, I will follow-up with the appropriate survey eval.Have a Blessed Day,Type with you @ 1500.Chow For Now,
Chris
Listen, Chris; If you can provide me with the Tech that I should speak with regarding this whole matter this would culminate our transaction.Thanks
Chris, one more very, very, very significant thing:I am Very, very very, BUSY. B-U-S-Y is a VERY powerful 4-Letter Word, which there are 3-Types of, that if we ever talk on the phone I will explain clearly my type. I am Type 3 Busy.Listen, I am probably the smallest licensed Electrical Contractor in this city. I am a Mom & Pop without the Mom.What does this mean? It means that I DO EVERYTHING to run my business, hence, It ALSO means that my time is like PURE GOLD, hence, my beseeching you to fill the voids and bridge the gaps that I would normally do but am time handicapped.
Please, if you can FIND what I need whether it be the right person to connect with or otherwise to close our transaction in respect to being given the direction that I need to finally conclude a How To plan then we can shake electronic hands ALL because I, Ironically, Analogically Speaking, again, have a very, very, very difficult time shaking hands with the clock!Thanks Chris,
Chris

1) Is it do able, yes. I would not tackle it and I love electrical. I feel like it is going to cost you more in labor and parts than the vehicle is worth, especially labor.

2) You would first off need to contact the shops you know and the ones I mentioned to see if one will even do this change for you.

Hey, Chris,I was just shutting off my computer and call it a day, however, like I always do, the very LAST thing I look at is inside my electronic mailbox and VOILA; A late letter from you. OK; I see what you mean as far as TIME & $. You said that it is DOABLE. OK; I just would like you to do one more thing; Tomorrow, if you would, look into getting me a phone # ***** the Lincoln Tech Support Division of The Ford Motor Company. This would be of great help to me as you know my encounter that I have with the clock on a daily basis.Thanks, ***** ***** Out'a Heer!
Goodnight

Lincoln customer service is 1-***-***-**** and 1-***-***-****

Glad I could help and thanks for rating my response.

Good morning (afternoon) Chris,Hope all is well and that your work last night was pleasurable and interesting.Very Good; Thank-You for acquiring these phone #'s for me.
I will be responding to you with a status report.Today's Breakfast: Luke 5. Pop Quiz: ( This is not an open book question) Just Kidding on this one! What I Learned Today Was Wonderful! I did not realize the seasoning that our Father used on this particular bowl of organic oatmeal! Our 3- Daily ?'s:
#1) When Our Dear Lord chose the 2-sets of Brothers; How did this transpire? Thank-You Father for 4 -Accounts Not Just 1 or 2! #2) Who was the 5th Apostle to be chosen and what transpired here?
#3) The Parable of the Garment / Cloth and The Wine / Bottles; What does this mean?Chris, my Brother, you have a Blessed Day and sometime I would like to have fellowship on the phone if so be it you should desire.I'll be getting back to you with the Industry results.Christspeed,
Chris

Thanks for the update and thanks for rating my response when your ready.

Hey, Chris,Hope all is well.I, now, am calling it a week.Listen, I know that you want to be rated.Answer the Scripture ?'s. I will rate our transaction, however, I need the time that I want.You will be hearing from me.Have a Blessed Weekend

We get in trouble by the website for getting off topic from the original question. I am not allowed to talk about the Bible on this car concern. You can though open a question in the general category to get those questions answered.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Listen, Chris, I appreciate your concern and I figured that the Subject change could cause a policy issue which, evidently, it has. However, this will be NO bearing on our transaction. What my concern is that I am getting my $25.00 worth of 'purchased goods', even as you brought to the table. Chris, right now this is the ABSOLUTE Epitome of a Monday, hence, I do not have time to follow this up. Case in point; A phone call might just wrap-up our transaction for the 25 as I do have one more request that should definitely not exceed the $25.00 cost. If you like, I can also request this in typing as well as talking.Thanks, Chris,
Chris

I am not able to take calls for the next few days. My Comcast internet is down and I am using my phone for internet so I can not call and be on the internet at the same time to look up information.

You opened your post on 15 Feb 2016, 9:32 PM

The site has a 7 day timer on non rated posts. So at 9:32 tonight your post is scheduled to close. After that time I may never know if you have replied to me.

Listen, Chris 1 more thing and we can wrap-up our xaction.If you would just look at the dashboard in the 1989 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition and advise me what your opinion would be as to the BEST location to mount a set of Analog gauges this would be a fair way to end our xaction.Thanks
This is actually a Triple-Set of gauges and 1- Single Tachometer.

The best location would be in place of the original instrument cluster. An alternate location is on the A pillar left side of the windshield.

Good morning, Chris,Hope all is well.Listen, as I requested; I would like 1 more aspect of acknowledgement regarding the project that I am trying to perform, and that is for you to inform me of your Best Professional opinion on where to mount the separate gauges on the Dashboard of the vehicle. Again, the gauge pkg. could be 1- Triple Gauge Set-up; 1-Double / Sgl.-Gauge Set-up; Or 3- Sgl.-Gauge Set-ups with the individual Tachometer Gauge.
Once you guide me with your direction in this mounting format then I will rate your service.
Thanks,
Chris
Please be advised that this is a CONTINUATION of a former inquiry that originated on February 15th and is NOT In Any Way, Shape, Fashion, Or Form to generate any other incurred costs that this FINAL Question, Of This ONE / SOLITARY Inquiry, is being asked.
This electronic response is NOT going to generate any other costs.
I just want to make this Perfectly Clear. I have already paid $25.00 and I have NO INTENTIONS, Whatsoever, of paying anymore regarding this SAME Inquiry.Thank-You,
Chris
Lincoln Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

I just want to make this Perfectly Clear. I have already paid $25.00 and I have NO INTENTIONS, Whatsoever, of paying anymore regarding this SAME Inquiry.
???
Actually you have paid a Deposit, which you can get a REFUND
You have NOT paid anything to your Expert that has tried to help since February

Please contact Customer Service if you need further...........thanks