Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

My 2012 Navigator displays "NO GPS" icon on the display. My

Customer Question
Hello, My 2012 Navigator...
Hello, My 2012 Navigator displays "NO GPS" icon on the display. My name is ***** *****, and not sure if this can be fixable without visiting service centre?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Navigation displays map based on the wheel/speed input. but it looks there is no GPS signal. The small red icon on the of the navigation display is on all the time.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I entered into the Diagnostic mode (3 + 6), and in the GPS, there is 0 GPS. I am afraid the GPS connector is unplugged. Where and how can I fix this?
Thanks, Charlie
2/1/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Have you recently had any work done on the interior of the vehicle that may have caused this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually, I just purchase this used one last week from a Lincoln dealership. I found the issue on my way back home, which is about 6 hour driving from the dealership.
The salesperson asked me to stop by any near Ford / Lincoln dealership to have them fix it. But I wanted to see if I can fix this by myself, to save my trip.By the way, I tried to "Calibrate" the vehicle and it worked fine after turning a circle. But NO GPS icon still there.Thanks,

The easiest place to check if the antenna is plugged in is behind the RH a-pillar trim panel. You need to remove the grab handle, and the passenger side sun visor and you can access and check the connector.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your prompt response. I tried to remove the a-pillar trim and looked inside. One yellow connector is somewhere on the upper side (one wire) and I guess this is the GPS wire. It looks tightly connected and leaded to the roof side. I followed it as much as I can and I could not find the GPS unit itself.
is there a place that I can check near the dash board or inside the engine room / ECU to check the final connection terminal?Thank you for your attention.
Charlie

The gps antenna is the piece on the front on the roof. The next junction is on the back of the audio control module. Which is the navigation screen.

Thank you for viewing my response. Did you find a poor connection? Please rate my service and have a good day. Thanks.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician