Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have F 350 change Baterry 't have alarm but now no crank…

Customer Question
Have F 350 change Baterry...
Have F 350 change Baterry Don't have alarm but now no crank no starte
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
1/28/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. What year F350? And is this a pickup or chassis cab?

2008 F-350 super duty 5.4 LT
Box F350 dou wheel in rear

Ok. Do you or do you not have a theft light on the dash that comes on when you turn the key to the on position?

I mean the factory theft light. In the cluster. Not an aftermarkert one.

Probably yes have ligth but the cluster is broken not lights

The cluster holds all the information for the programmed keys. Does the instrument cluster work at all? How is it broken?

The is trumental clouster no show lights the needles no movin when open the ignition switch

The cluster needs to work before the truck will start. You should check all the fuses under the hood and inside the vehicle with a test light. Hopefully you find the cluster fuse blown.

I'm check ready fueses and relay all is good when open the switch only shoul one ligth airbag

I will send you the wiring diagram of how the cluster gets its power. If fuses ok check for power at the cluster. I have to go offline for a few. Check for power and let me know. CLICK HERE for wiring diagram.

Ok I'm going to try
I'm check all evrything fuises relay you tink the clouster no good that why no starte no crank

The cluster does need to power on for the truck to run. The cluster may be bad. You can check power at the cluster connectors.

I'm change cluster from another truck have the same problem no crank

Does the cluster actually light up and work?

look same no lights we giong to to change PCM may be that's make crank

Did you check for power and ground at the cluster connectors? Sounds like more must have been done to the vehicle then just replace the battery?

we replace Baterry and the starte is working

Did you make sure that all the power cables are connected to the main positive cable?

Hi. Have you made any progress with getting power to the cluster or cranking over? Please rate my service and have a great evening.

We take to the Ford Dealer you dont help me very much And tell you what the find the problem

ok