Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

2003 Lincoln LS with a U1041 u1162 u 1147

Customer Question

Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 1262 code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Do you have a 6 or 8 cylinder?

What letter is in front of the 1262 code?

Can you tell me what symptoms the car also has along with these codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is setting a u1041,u1262, u1147 trans has very hard shift 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd and will shutter in to drive from 3rd all the time if you pull off battery term. and touch them together to completely reset pcm it will shift almost like it should the first few shifts then its back to hard shifting so hard it will bark the rear tires and sometimes the trac light will come on for a cpl. mil. sec. and go off put 2 trans in and had a third one rebuilt and in all 3 tranny's nothing changed we have also replaced cluster reflashed pcm rebuilt tranny codes are in cluster

Thanks, ***** ***** the scan tool will communicate with the the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)/(Traction Control) module. If not, check the power and ground circuits of the modules connection. Power supply circuits Pink/Yellow (PK/YE) wire at pin 4 key on, red (RD) wire supplies hot-at-all-times power to pin 32, Red/Blue (RD/BU) wire supplies hot-at-all-times power. Ground circuits include two Black (BK) wires at pins 16 and 47. If the powers and grounds are good then replace the ABS module, which will require a dedicated Ford scan tool for programming.

While monitoring mode 6 data does it show any misfire records meaning a coil is bad, which can effect module communication?

Did the rebuilt transmission have the servo bores sleeved?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris