rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My name is ***** *****. 2002 Lincoln Town Car won't start.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. 2002 Lincoln Town Car won't start. Battery seems fine. All lights, radio, etc all work. Just won't turnover when i turn the key on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thanks Thomas I drove it yesterday with no problems
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

All those accessories can still work with a bad battery. You still need to check the load on it. Most parts stores will check all this for you for free. The starter also needs to be check including power to it from the ignition switch. If all this checks out, then your security system may be causing this issue.

Thanks, Ron