Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a 2011 MKX. the problem I am now having is that my

Customer Question
Customer: Hey Tim, My name...
Customer: Hey Tim, My name is***** have a 2011 MKX. the problem I am now having is that my back up camera when put in reverse is the picture is up-side down???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just when I put the car in reverse it's up-side down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Not at this time, however FYI I did a local dealer, the answer I got did not know, need to have tech check it, and they have never ran across this issue before.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
1/12/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, you need to replace the back up camera, when it displays the video upside down this is a common fault with the camera itself. You need to remove the rear liftgate door panel to access the outer trim panel. remove the nuts that hold the camera and outer trim panel in place and electrical connector. Then split apart the trim and remove a torx screw that hods it in place. Plug n play for the camera, no programming needed

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

HDGene
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician