Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

2005 Lincoln Navigator-Wiring under gear selector has fell

Customer Question

2005 Lincoln Navigator-Wiring under gear selector has fell out. Was able to get brake interlock to work but it goes off every time I hit the brakes even when driving. A ideas where these wires go?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

HI there. Thanks for posting your question.

I can probably help you solve your issue, but first I need more information from you.

The shifter in your Navigator includes a module. Is that the wiring you're referring to? If so, it should have its own connector, which makes me wonder what you mean by "wiring fell out"? How many wires and their colors? Also, what exactly happens when you hit the brakes? what goes off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 3 plugs under the gear indicator of the shifter. They plug into circuit boards directly under the gear selector letters. 1 plug has 8 wires, 1 plug has 5, and the other is 3. The 8 plug is fine, I have 2 black wires, one white, and one red. The wires fell out of the plugs. The brake switch interlock appears to use the white and black wire, but I dint know which plug they go to. If photos will help let me know.

Other than the 8-wire connector, all I can find is that the light bar connector is the one with one Black and one Red wire. Let me opt out and see if another expert has more information. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the system will cycle the question back to me.

Best Regards.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your question: 2005 Lincoln Navigator-Wiring under gear selector has fell out. Was able to get brake interlock to work but it goes off every time I hit the brakes even when driving. A ideas where these wires go?

You need a wire diagram for the shifter wiring, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you have something for the wiring that sits directly below the lettering that indicates the gear your in. Should be a 3, 4 or 5, and 8 prong connector that plugs into a circuit board.

See if the links below show what you need.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/shift1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/shift2.png

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think its further down stream, the schematic you posted is just before what i need.
Also the ones I am referring to are all flat single row connectors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refer to this link , ill send pic later.
https://www.2carpros.com/questions/lincoln-navigator-2006-lincoln-navigator-need-to-reconnect-shifter-circuit-bo

Which wire color from the shifter goes through the connector your looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
White and black come from the brake shift interlock.

There is a black wire from the shifter that goes to ground though there is no in line connector on this wire. There is not a white wire.