FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2000 lincoin ls 3.9 misfire cyl. 2-3-4-. new coils all 8.

Customer Question

2000 lincoin ls 3.9 misfire cyl. 2-3-4-. new coils all 8. runs good to 40mph. then misfires and some times runs ok . coils are about 8 mounths old.. 3 in a row?? tried changing 2 coils no change.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time when the misfires come at certain speeds it is due to a fuel pressure issue. It can be from a weak fuel pump or a clogging fuel filter. Either of these will cause misfires on multiple cylinders. It can also be the start of a valve timing issue but that is not as common. I would start by replacing the fuel filter and then checking the fuel pressure. Let me know if you need more help.