Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I'm ***** *****, I have a 1999 Lincoln Navigator that takes

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****, I have a 1999 Lincoln Navigator that takes 30min to start after sitting for long periods especially overnight.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I scanned the cpu and got 3 codes P0401, P0402, and P1401.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even tho I have the P0401, P0402, and P1401 I have never seen the EGR or DPFE cause hard starts, are these codes possibly causing an interruption in fuel flow or pressure?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

I agree the EGR should not be to blame. I assume it will crank. Will it start at full throttle? Is the vehicle behind or in need of any maintenance steps?Have you monitored the fuel pressure to see if its slow to build pressure?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no issue with fuel pressure, or spark, full throttle does not make it start, crank is good but just continues to kick over and eventually starts, after it starts I have no issues unless I turn off and let sit for a long period of time overnight etc.

Since the spark and fuel pressure are good that leaves the fuel injector pulse or a fuel spray issue with the injectors or a flooding issue. Do you have the tools to perform an injector flow test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not

I believe the best step at this point is new injectors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why wld you suggest new injectors if my fuel pressure is good?

The fuel pump pressure and fuel injectors are different things.

You said the spark and fuel pressure is good, so that leaves the fuel injectors but you do not have the tools to test them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually I was able to check injector pulse and it did light the bulb

I know the injectors are pulsing, because you said it does run. I am saying they are possibly leaking with the engine off and flooding the cylinders.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris