Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have no heat on my ls 2002 lincoln.I was told it could be

Customer Question
my left valve....
I have no heat on my ls 2002 lincoln.I was told it could be my left valve.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
12/17/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I need a little more info to assist better.

Does the heater fan work to blow out air and if so is it cold air and if so if you switch to hot air do you hear any clicking or any other noises in the dash at all or does the cold air turn to Luke warm at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the blowers work fine.when I switch to heat it just blows cold air.no noise at all.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The air stays cold.

O.k.,this may be due to a restricted heater core itself.The heater core can restrict and. Lock heat from getting through it.To check this warm up the engine and run the heater in hot and locate the heater core hoses and feel both hoses as they should both be very warm to hot to the touch.If one is warm to hot and the other is allot cooler this can indicate the heater core is restricted needing flushed or replaced.

If this is checked and found to be o.k. Let me know so we can continue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank u pete,I really apreciate u.Ill tex you tommorow,Its getting dark Im in connecticut.Ill try what you told me and Ill get back with you tommorow.thanks have good nite.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel real good with u already.I rate u tmrw.thanks.

No problem.Let me know how this turns out here.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi.Pete are you there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Pete.my name its ruben and I was asking u question yesterday about my 2002 lincoln ls.heating problems.

I am here I apologize for the delay.What did you come up with on the heater core here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I came up with one hot and the one not hot.on the two hoses u ask me to check out.

O.k.,this indicates that the heater core is restricted and needs flushed out or replaced.To flush it remove the heater core hoses and use a garden hose to flush water through one port of the heater core until the flow is good coming out of the other port on the heater core.Then from there take the garden hose and flush through the other port on the heater core until the flow is clear and good flowing.Once this is done reconnect the heater core hoses and run the engine and top off the engine coolant.If the heater still does not work this can mean the heater core needs replaced or the heater control valve has failed needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its 7:45 am over here in the east coast,so Im going to wait a couple of hours before i do that.u been very helpful.

No problem.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician