Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 1995 Lincoln Town Car that randomly activates

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Lincoln Town Car that randomly activates flashing lights/horn at random times after I lock it when I'm nowhere near the car. Any suggestions to fix this or disconnect the ant-theft system? Sometimes it happens 45 minutes after I've left the car.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

The car while off and locked is monitoring the door ajar, hood ajar, trunk ajar, and battery voltage. When it sees a power fluctuation or any of these things opened. It thinks a theft is occurring which is why the alarm is going off. The unfortunate part there is not one way to diagnose it. You have to try things and retest. The first suggestion is to use spray lube like liquid wrench and spray lube the door ajar switches through the door latch to see if one is partially sticking.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.