Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a 2000 Lincoln ls, neither heat nor A/C works. Fan

Customer Question
blows through vents and defroster...
I have a 2000 Lincoln ls, neither heat nor A/C works. Fan blows through vents and defroster but seems to be just outside air. In the winter, it is cold, in the summer, it is hot. I held the 'off' and 'def', then auto, received codes 1241 and 5042. What are they? I was suspecting the DCCV but don't know how to further diagnose it and don't know where to find the codes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
11/3/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I dont see those codes, can you double check the numbers? These are the codes that are available:

B1242 1242 Recirculation door actuator circuit failure

B125 11251 In-vehicle temperature sensor circuit open

B1253 1253 In-vehicle temperature sensor circuit short to ground

B1255 1255 Ambient air temperature sensor open

B1257 1257 Ambient air temperature sensor short to ground .

B1259 1259 A/C solar radiation sensor open circuit

B1261 1261 A/C solar radiation sensor circuit short to ground

B1262 1262 Defrost door actuator circuit failure

B1263 1263 Panel door actuator circuit failure

B1264 1264 Floor door actuator circuit failure

B1265 1265 Cold air bypass door actuator circuit failure

B1342 1342ECU defectiveINSTALL a new DATC module.

B1676 1676Battery voltage out of range

B1946 1946 Evaporator discharge temperature sensor open circuit

B1947 1947E vaporator discharge temperature sensor circuit short to ground

B1966 1966 Driver heater core discharge temperature sensor open circuit

B1967 1967 Driver heater core discharge temperature sensor short circuit

B2428 2428 Passenger heater core discharge temperature sensor open circuit

B2429 2429 Passenger heater core discharge temperature sensor short circuit

B2477 2477 Module configuration failureRECONFIGURE the DATC module.

B2797 2797 Driver coolant control valve open circuit

B2798 2798 Driver coolant control valve circuit short to ground

B2799 2799 Passenger coolant control valve open circuit

B2800 2800 Passenger coolant control valve circuit short to ground.

U1041 5041 SCP invalid or missing data for function read vehicle speedREFER to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual.

U1073 5073 SCP invalid or missing data for engine coolantREFER to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual.

U1027 5027 SCP invalid or missing data for engine rpmREFER to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual.

U1178 5178 SCP invalid or missing data for voice commandThis code will only appear if the vehicle is equipped with voice command.

U1222 5222 SCP invalid or missing data for interior lamps.

I'm dislecxic. The codes are 12 42 and 50 41

Ok the first code is for a fresh air/recirculation door blend door issue, the other code I need to dig into a little further to check into. Give me a littlle time to get back to you couple hours. Im wrapping up a few things at the shop here

Do you have a recommendation for me?

Yes, Sorry about that, I lost track of your question. Does the blower work and the mode door selection work properly and only an issue of no temperature control, its fixed in one temperature setting?

I can change from vents to floor to defrost and air seems to redirect accordingly. When I adjust the temp, the temp never changes, appears to be relative to outside temp. That is cold in winter and hot in summer. I am not sure if there is any difference from the outside temp or not.

Ok it is most likely an issue with the temperature blend door, but you have dual zone heat and ac does either side change temp?

Does not appear to be any different. I can check again later this evening.
How do I check the temp blend door?

Enter dual zone temperature mode try adjusting both the drivers side temp and the passenger side temp since you have dual zones and see if the system works on one side and not the other.

I will do that later this evening and update the ticket.

Very good, it could be an issue with the dual climate control heater valve, just want to rule out other things first.

Back during the winter, the car put out no heat at all. I performed my test yesterday and much to my surprise, I have heat coming out. I played with the controls, raised temp on each side, lowered the temp on each side and it appears to be working now. I put a thermometer in the center vent and with the heat set at 90 degrees, it is putting out 120 degree heat from the vent. When I lowered the temp, the 120 degrees fell accordingly. It never got real cold but it did come down in temperature.at the vent.

Ok, so now its just a question of having cold air coming out the vents?

that is correct.

Ok and the ac system is working ok, compressor is kicking on and large ac lines under hood are cold to the touch, the clutch on the compressor isnt cycling on and off on max ac high fan? The heater rolls up and whats the output temp on cold setting?

I will have to check on that later and post back to you.

No problem, halfway there with the heat working.

HDGene
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician