Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Front of car stays gh. Air bags won't vent.

Customer Question
Front of car stays high...
Front of car stays high. Air bags won't vent.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
This issue was present before I replaced anything. I replaced both front airbags because they also did deflate overnight. I replaced the compressor assembly because I read that that is where the 'vent solenoid' resided.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/24/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician

Ok, did you do anything with the front ride height sensors. they had some issues with the wiring getting cut and did you res use the solenoids on the front air bags? Air suspension warning light working and on. Any chance you pulled codes on the system?

This issue was present before I replaced anything. I replaced both front airbags because they also did deflate overnight. I replaced the compressor assembly because I read that that is where the 'vent solenoid' resided.As to your questions, yes the warning light comes on after about 2-10 minutes, new solenoids came with the new front air struts. No I haven't pulled any codes. Duh, that's what I should have done first. I believe there is a separate air susp plug on the right front fender under the hood. Is that what I'd use? Would I have to go to the dealer or just local auto parts store?

Yes it has its own seperate diagnostic connector and you would need a special tester to retrieve the codes and run diagnostics. It al;so cycles all the componets, compressor,vent and fill solenoids and test height sensors etc. Really best way to go either have it scanned at a shop/estimate or you can buy a scan tool at some places and online im sure.

I shall try that and get back to you next week. Thanks.

Very good, sounds like an issue with the ride height sensors so its not allowing the front to vent and go to proper ride height.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

HDGene
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician