Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Our 2013 Lincoln mix just went 200 Miles over our warranty

Customer Question
note we took it to...
Our 2013 Lincoln mix just went 200 Miles over our warranty note we took it to the dealership to have fool service and check up atv70000 now we are 72000 now a door ajar sensor and shift sensor come up as faults. And she is having problems with here screen blacking out.and wanting to charge 1000 to fix
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
10/2/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Sorry these issues have now shown up, what is the question your wanting me to answer?

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I'm wanting to know the cheapest and easiest way to fix the shift position switch and the door ajar sensor on the 2013 Lincoln mkx
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Is the dash telling you which door s ajar when in fact it is not, we may be able to resolve that by simply spraying some lube into the door jam. Does the shift linkage seem out of alignment or are there any concerns noticed with the shifter or gear position indicator?

This question is showing as not resolved. I am still available to help if you need it.

Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician