sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Driver side leaks down also to the tires over night. Some

Customer Question

Driver side leaks down also to the tires over night. Some mornings compressor runs but will not pump up. Sometimes it runs fine. I have replaced front height sensors, all 4 air springs, VDM module, and solenoid on front driver side. Dealership run diagnostic and receive front pneumatic fault. 2nd return vehicle passed all tests. Don't know what to do next. I have not replaced compressor.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If it's leaking down yet the shocks/springs have been replaced then you most likely have a line leaking. There could be damage to a line anywhere between the compressor and the shocks that are leaking down, but it's possible that the leak is back through the compressor itself. What I would recommend next is closely checking the lines and fittings for leaks. Using a solution of soapy water in a spray bottle and with the suspension up, spray the lines and fittings to the affected wheels and watch for air bubbles. Just like checking for leaks on a tire, anywhere that air is escaping it will form small air bubbles.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. The last thing that has not been replaced is the compressor and dryer. Would bad compressor run without pumping up system and would a dealership leak test uncover this. It been there twice and passed all test.

Yes, it's very possible that the compressor can run but not raise. The only time testing can be done is when that is happening, if the dealer didn't have it while the problem was present then they couldn't have ruled anything out.