Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lincoln towncar 2003 driver seat will not work. Had motor

Customer Question

Lincoln towncar 2003 driver seat will not work. Had motor replaced. When fuse under hood is removed and replaced, seat will move up.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If your model has the memory seat options where you have controls to program or learn in seat positions with what is described here and with what I have seen act up and cause this issue before in the past is the Drivers seat control module/ecu.It receives the signals from the seat switch to control the seat directions and functions.Then once it receives these signals it then operates the seat motors.In some cases this control module can fail partially allowing some components or operations of the seat to work but not others and in other cases it can fail all together to where no seat functions operate.I have had to replace this control module several times before in the past for this issue here on many models.When you are removing and replacing the fuse for it this is resetting this control module allowing it to work temporarily which also helps point to this module being at fault here.

The module itself will need replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.