Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

1999 lincoln town car,after driving 500 miles b4 replacing

Customer Question

1999 lincoln town car,after driving 500 miles b4 replacing leaking intake by adding water, replaced with new intake alum aftermarket let it burp as always still heated up removed thermostat still had heat problems, suddenly solved the problem just returned from 350 mile trip next morn started heating again, have not checked sensor, but did replace the radiator we own a junk yard. live in Melbourne, FLCustomer cell(###) ###-####
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. That may have been the original problem that caused an overheating on it.

.

However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.)

.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases.

.

Block tester available is:

Napa BK.(###) ###-####/p>

OEM/Block Tester AUTOZONE

Part Number:
27145

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search

.

*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures***

..

.

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not happy.did not get answers to my questions. A call would have been welcomed instead of me waiting 2 hours and making 3 calls to your office. way to complicated. credit my account or callme(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Runs hot with thermostat out? Head gasket. I think that is an answer to the 'question'. Not much more can be said over the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I gave you the credit info I lost all contact with your company as they assumed that I had a pass word. I then had to chase you down to try to get help sense my pass word was not what you wanted from me. over 2 hours later trying to contact you. I am sad that your company cant communicate better. Your mechanic may be the best but we could not connect due to your in house communication problems. I feel sad for your tech. A simple phone call could have got your tech paid and that did not happen. If you have any questions you call me(###) ###-#### ***** want a credit