Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 98 Lincoln Town Car. The problem I am having is

Customer Question

I have a 98 Lincoln Town Car. The problem I am having is sometimes the car will start and other times it will not. I can drive to a location it will start fine, then when I get there and conduct my business try to start again it will not start. Some times it will start 10 times in a row then on the 11th try it will not start. I am not a mechanic by no means. Sometimes when it won't start it just keep turning over. The car when it won't start it almost sounds like a car out of gas. Not long ago I replaced the fuel pump. What is my problem. I have had the problem for quite a while. Sometime it starts other times it wont.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

When the car will not start take a look at the check engine light when you turn the key on and see if the light comes on with the key and goes out while cranking. Check this for me and post back and we can work from there.