Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My lincoln mkx 2007 trunk won't open

Customer Question

my lincoln mkx 2007 trunk won't open
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can call now for sure, I need this for my job as I am a personal chef and I cant get my stuff in or out even through putting down the seats.
It is stuck in the down position and won't go up. The break lights up when you push the button on the car key, however when you push the buttons inside the car no lights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the trunk doesn't open
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

You need to get into the trunk through the rear seats, then pull the emergency release. If that 2 fails then remove the trim on the trunk lid from inside the trunk. Bang on the latch inside the trunk while working the remote fob button. If that to fails then you need to either try and remove the latch or break it apart. Since lights are coming on when trying to unlock the trunk, there is a wire short but you will not be able to address it with the trunk closed.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris