Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Lincoln Navigator: I have a 2005 Lincoln Navigator and it keep

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Lincoln...
I have a 2005 Lincoln Navigator and it keep blowing fuse #32. This happened a couple and times and I replaced the fuse which would last for about 2 weeks. I also learned when I put the car in reverse I get a dump sound and the fuse blow again. I get power throughout the vehicle but the car won't start. Now when I replace the fuse it keep blowing out and the car won't start.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
7/29/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
This is a hard circuit to diagnose being it powers the:O2 sensorsTransmission range sensorAC clutch relayVCT solenoidCharge motion control valveEVAP canister ventVapor management valveThe vehicle will not crank because the TR sensor that tells the starting system your in park or neutral is not powered when this fuse fails. The most common short is going to be the wiring to the O2 sensors, one chaffed and grounding out. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician