EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKZ that leather perforated seats.A

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKZ that leather perforated seats.
A pint of liquid soaked through the perforations and the seat foam or inner material has hardened.
Is that anything I can do?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Really all you can do is to replace the cushion, under the leather seat cover. Or was the something else you were thinking of doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do you replace the cushion

What seat is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Passenger seat - black leather, perforated, air bag heated and cooled seat

For the passenger seat the seat needs to be removed. Then the backrest needs to be taken off. Then you remove the leather cover which is held on by hog rings. They need to be cut off and new ones installed. Then you replace the cushion and put the leather cover back on and reassemble. Your supposed to carry out the reset procedure for the passenger occupent classification system with the dealer scan tool after reinstalling the seat to recalibrate its weight sensors.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thank you.

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions. Have a good evening and please rate the service. Thank you.