Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln Zephyr: I drive a 2006 Lincoln zephyr. 132,534 miles.

Customer Question

I drive a 2006 Lincoln zephyr. 132,534 miles. The issue I am having is the high beam indacator light and the oil pressure light will come on for a few seconds then turn off. The car runs fine
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
To diagnose this we need to monitor the oil pressure to confirm its not getting low. If you can do that I can go into more detail. On the bright light indicator are the lights effected when that occurs? If not then I am leaning most towards a circuit board processor failure in the instrument cluster. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

According to the message center that checks

1. DOORS CLOSED
2. ENGINE TEMPERATURE
3. CHARGING SYSTEM

4. OIL PRESSURE
5. BRAKE FLUID LEVEL 6. EXTERIOR LAMPS
7. FUEL LEVEL
8. DISTANCE TO EMPTY

oil pressure is fine.

WhenThe high beam indicator pops up along with the oil pressure light. Nothing is effected.

Thanks, ***** ***** I am leaning most towards a cluster failure.