Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Lincoln Town Car Executive: I'm replacing my EATC unit in my

Customer Question
I'm replacing my EATC unit...
I'm replacing my EATC unit in my 2002 Lincoln Towncar... I can't find where the red, black, yellow vacuum hoses plug into in my dash
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
I think the blue one connects near the steering column... Right?
7/5/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: Randall, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, , I am not understanding, You are changing the control panel. EATC but how/why are the vacuum hoses off the actuators, meaning, do you have the dash apart and removed hoses from the actuators? Just trying to understand the question and what you did ,why etc, thanks
Anyone there?
I sent a question I had to you, I need to get some info from your end, Thanks
It seemed to be unplugged and maybe the 2002 model of town car does not plugged into anything.
Air only comes out of my front defroster… It won't come out of the vents .
I asked a question earlier, did you not get it? I am here to try and help but you are posting one after another without answering what I asked. Thanks
the EATC UNIT was having problems anyway so I'm replacing it with one from the junk yard. Working well .... Blows cold and the fan motor increases and decreases the flow with the panel. But once I put it to blow from the vents very little comes out of the defrost. But fan motor increases and decreases the flow with the panel. But once I put it to blow from the vents very little comes out of the defrost once I put it on AUTO or MAX A/C... It comes out strong through the defrost again. I was told it may be because the vacuum hoses aren't connected, but I can see where they would plug in.
Sorry... No, one time I pulled out the unit and I don't know if it unplugged from somewhere or not when I pulled it out.
That's correct it won't come out of the events only the front to defroster vents... When I switch it on the panel to blow out the vents, the air barely comes out of the front defroster vents and does not come out the vents
I sent you a picture of the way I have it right now
Are you getting my responses?
I guess my question is… Do the vacuum hoses help direct the air to wherever you want it to go and if they do, where do they plug in?
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Is the below link what your needing. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02towncar%20vacuum.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02TCvac.pdf You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician