Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Navigator: 07 5.4 sound like a diesel so changed timing chain,

Customer Question

07 5.4 sound like a diesel so changed timing chain, tensiors, phasers, guides, I put it back together, timed it by eye with keyway at 11:00, started engine it sounded good but still ticked bad, so took off left valve cover found a bad L cam and 1 follower so i removed timing chains and replaced L. cam and #5 follower retimed engine with eyeing the mark at the bottom of the crank timing gear put my 1 black link of both chains on mark and the 2 black links to R on right cam & L left cam so timed it the same started engine runs terrible left exhaust cat got red hot but exhaust manifold temps were around 120 both sides of engine. 3 codes p0345 & p0349, and p0340 i know its cam sensor codes and lean bank
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I believe its out of time if this red exhaust concern was not an issue prior. Can you check 2 cylinders on each side and see if the compression is low. Getting a engine timed correct is not the easiest of steps on this engine. Do you need those timing steps? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris