Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Lincoln: 2004 navigator not getting fuel

Customer Question
2004 navigator not getting fuel...
2004 navigator not getting fuel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lincoln
6/25/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, what have you checked so far and was it running and dies or just wont start all of a sudden? 5.4 engine?
Was running. Just wont start all of a sudden
Ok first check and make sure the Pats antitheft red indicator isnt flashing when the key is turned to on it should blink slow with the key off and stay on steady when you turn the key to on. If it blinks fast its a security issue. If thats ok inspect the fuel pump inertia switch in the right front kickpanel area under the glovebox and make sure it isnt popped up.Press it down and make sure it doesnt go click
I will have to check thoes tomorrow in day hours . Thank you. I will h
No problem, ill be on and off all day. Just let me know what you find or if you need more help
The antitheft red indicator is flashing fast when the key is turned on
ok. there is a problem with the pats antitheft system. not allowing the vehicle to start. it cant read the ignition key so it makes the theft lamp flash quickly.if you have a different ignition key it might start. if not it will need to be taken to a dealer to cut and program 2 new keys and or a local ocksmith can come to you and do it unless it has a problem with the transceiver that reads the key or more
Would that prevent the engine from getting fuel?
yes it disables the fuel system on some vehicles starter on others, if its blinking fast it will not run
what do i need to do if there is a problem with the transceiver
replace it, it mounts on the ignition tumbler behind the steering column cover. a diagnostic check for codes of the powertrain control module and instrument cluster will tell what issue you have, if it doesnt recognize the keys, sometimes the chips go bad in the key,or if it has a transceiver fault code.
Gene, thank you for the info. I will check it out.
You are welcome, if I was helpful please hit accept and leave positve feedback so I get credit for helping you. If you need more help please continue to ask
HDGene
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician