Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln town car: 2000 town car blower not blowing

Customer Question
2000 town car blower not...
2000 town car blower not blowing
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Lincoln
6/6/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: HDGene, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, the fan doesnt work on any speed or only certain speeds? This has the electronic climate control panel, have you tried to pull codes on it?
No I do not know how!
This is how you access the eatc self test mode. The blower works in high only or no speeds at all? If you tap on the blower motor does it come on? Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module Self-TestThe EATC module self-test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A scan tool must be used to retrieve these concerns.The EATC module self-test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display hard diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). Hard DTCs identify faults which are present during the self- test. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4-32°C (40-90°F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false in-car temperature sensor DTCs will be displayed.The self-test can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.If any DTCs appear during the self-test, follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION for each DTC given.If a condition exists but no DTCs appear during the self-test, refer to the Symptom Chart Condition: The EATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Incorrect Operation.To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the FRONT DEFROST button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. The EATC control assembly will then turn OFF (display blank) and all DTCs will be cleared.Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF).Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module — Display Continuous CodesThis function will display continuous (intermittent) codes and hard faults that occur during normal operation.The display of continuous codes can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the display of continuous codes is activated. Note that "°C" will be displayed while in this mode.To display continuous codes, press the OFF and PANEL buttons simultaneously and then release and within two seconds press the AUTO button.To exit the display of continuous codes, press the FRONT DEFROST button. This will exit and clear all DTCs. Press the FLOOR button to exit without clearing DTCs set before the last ignition cycle.Always exit continuous codes display before powering the system down (system turned off).Continuous DTCs are saved only after an ignition cycle.Continuous DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.
Hello, do you need more help with this concern?