Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln towncar: how to unlock my 2003 towncar trunk. lock…

Customer Question
how to unlock my 2003...
how to unlock my 2003 towncar trunk. lock key in trunk. i unlock passenger side door but can not pop trunk alarm keeps going off.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Lincoln
6/5/2015
Lincoln Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.You will have to remove the back seat.You must remove the bottom seat first. There are two metal hooks on the floor of the car that hook into the bottom of the seat. There is one on each side. If you were sitting in the seat they would be aproxamently between your legs on each side. If you lift up on the bottom of the seat cushion ( were your legs would be) and move along the bottom you will feel the two anchor points. To release them its easiest to put the two front seats all the way up to give you working room. Face the rear seat and push back and up where the two anchor point are one side at a time. This will release them and you can now pull the bottom half of the seat out.Now for the back half. You will see a large nut on each side than anchors the left and right seat belt.Remove those two nuts and move the belts out of the way. Now lift the metal seat bracket off of the stud on each side that you just removed the nuts from. Now lift the entire seat upwards and it will release from the two top clips. The seat is now free and you can slide it out either side while working the center belt around it. Be careful when moving it out of the bottom metal brackets (where the nuts were) they bend easy.You will push back and lift at the same time once on each side.