A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Lincoln Navigator: My 2004 lincoln navigator abs light is on

Customer Question

My 2004 lincoln navigator abs light is on and my traction control is staying off without pushing the button
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
When your ABS system has a fault and the ABS module detects there is a problem, it will set the ABS light and disable the traction control since the ABS module controls it. You will need to get the trouble codes from the ABS module and post them on this page. The codes will point us to the direction of the cause of the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turned it off and turned it back on and it went away?
There will still be trouble codes in the ABS module. Also, the light may come back on while driving the vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will try to get codes tomorrow. Can I request u ?
Just reply back on this page with the codes.