johncrouch1962
johncrouch1962, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford master certified, ASE master certified, on Diesel, hybrid and gasoline vehicles
33610027

Lincoln Town Car Executive: , i have a 2003 licoln, with

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2003 licoln, with the door ajar indicator lit steady, and the alarm going off intermittently
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have the interior lights and horn disabled, but the exterior lights flash when the alarm goes off. i put the kid in the trunk, and the trunk light goes off and on when its opened, physically manipulated the hood switch by the latch, and the ajar indicator stays on. checked voltage to ground at the driver door module and it changes when the doors are opened and closed from pins 3 and 4.
Expert:  johncrouch1962 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.
To determine what is happening, I would first hook everything back up. Then either thru the dealership or a independent shop who has a scan tool that can communicate with the modules in the vehicle beside the PCM to access and monitor the BCM and check the past history for when the alarm went off. It will hold what has set it off the last 10 times. Most likely it is a bad door ajar switch, but without performing this test you would have to take apart all 4 doors and replace all of the door ajar switches. You can still do this if you wish too, but it will be a lot of unneeded work if you get someone to scan it for you.
If you need more information or have more questions, just respond and I will reply just as soon as I can.
Once again, thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day.