Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lincoln MKX: My 2008 Lincoln MKX occasionally makes loud bumping

Customer Question

My 2008 Lincoln MKX occasionally makes loud bumping noise, the car bucks (driver feels like going to drop out of the car) when excellerating from 10-20 or 20-30 (?shifting from 1st-2nd). Others have this problem?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Transmission valve body issues are common to cause this here as well as debris build up in the transmission valve body that can sometimes be corrected by having a transmission fluid flush done.If you have not had a flush done I would start with this and if this does not correct this issue this may be a fault with a shift solenoid in the transmission valve body or the valve body itself.These would need to be tested further when the vehicle is acting up (which may involve allowing a repair facility to hold onto the vehicle for a day or more to operate it until they can duplicate the fault) then once the fault is located it can be repaired from there to correct it.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete