Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

2003 lincoln ls: abs module..factory scan tool..aftermarket tool

Can you use a salvaged...
Can you use a salvaged abs module with IVD on a 2003 lincoln ls, if so what do I have to do? Does it require programming or calibrating with a factory scan tool or can an aftermarket tool do it like autoenginuity.
5/11/2012
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Welcome to Justanswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to assist you.

When replaceing the module you will need the factory scan tool because it does have to be reprogrammed for the car its being installed into.
So a tool like CarDaq or other j2534 programmers will not work? So you can use a salvaged module?
Yes you should be ok with a salvage module but it needs to be reprogrammed with the factory scan tool. I am not aware of any other scan tool working to do this. Ford say it has to be there tool.

Here is what Ford says.

Configurable Modules

The vehicle contains the following
modules that are configurable:

• anti-lock brake system/traction control (ABS/TC) or stability assist module
    (if equipped)
  • dual automatic temperature control (DATC)
  • driver door module (DDM)
  • driver climate control seat module
  • passenger climate control seat module
  • instrument cluster
  • front electronics module (FEM)
  • message center
  • rear electronics module (REM)
  • navigation system module
  • audio control module (ACM)
  • electronic parking brake
Ok last question. So if i managed to get a factory scan tool, what would be the procedure to reprogram the module?
Ford guards this information pretty closely but here what the do offer. Im not sure it will be much help. You might be better off to let them do it for you.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician