Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

99 Lincoln: side coach light are out

Customer Question
On my 99 Lincoln...tail lights...
On my 99 Lincoln...tail lights and the side coach light are out. Have changed fuse. Are these two lights connected to each other since both are out. All other lights work, including brake
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Lincoln
12/2/2011
Lincoln Mechanic: Steve, Lincoln master Tech replied 5 years ago
Steve
Steve, Lincoln master Tech

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

just out of curiosity have you tried changing the bulbs yet?

Steve :

I have seen bulbs burne out or burnt i

Steve :

I have seen bulbs burn out in pairs before. If you have not already check the bulbs.

Steve :

Do your turn signals work or light up in the rear taillights?

Steve :

What type of Lincoln do you have? for wiring diagram.

Customer:

bulbs are fine, signals work, brake and all other work except for the tail lights and coach are they connected with each other.

Customer:

are you offline. I answered the questions and you are not online. I will give you more time

Customer:

Is this a fraud because you could not have charged me 18.00 to ask me a question. I am so disappointed, Steve. I will be

Customer:

refund my money please

Steve :

hi

Customer:

all of the other lights work Steve

Steve :

Need to know what you are working on so I can get a wiring diagram.

Steve :

unless you want your money back

Customer:

signals work, all other lights work. Just the ones that out. 99 Towncar Cartier. Changed the fuse and is looking at bulbs, doesnt seem like they are blown.

Steve :

ok let me look at a wiring diagram get back tou in a couple of minutes

Customer:

ok

Steve :

blinkers work in the resr correct?

Steve :

rear

Customer:

yes

Steve :

do the front park lights work?

Customer:

yes

Steve :

it goes through a lighting control module. I have seen these go bad and cause this concern.

Customer:

park lights don't work

Steve :

It is located under the dash

Steve :

I would strongly suspect the lighting control module is bad.

Customer:

no steve, the park lights don't work

Customer:

is this located on the fuse box

Customer:

the control module that is

Steve :

the lighting control module is located Behind the center of the instrument panel.

Steve :

This module controls the park lights and it is bad

Customer:

is it easy to get to

Steve :

here is a pics for location.

Steve :

look at the grid at E 6

Customer:

you think this will take care of it.

Customer:

I am trying to save money, I am a woman but can change fuses and bulbs, will I be able to do this.

Steve :

It is not to bad of a job. I would go buy it. Then you will know what it looks like to find and replace it. You will have to remove a few hold down screws.

Steve :

any other questions on your concern?

Steve
Steve, Lincoln master Tech
Steve
Steve
Steve, Lincoln master Tech