Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate Anti-theft kills motor immediatlely

Customer Question
Am I able to reset...
Am I able to reset the security system on my Lincoln? The engine shuts down just after starting, activating the theft alarm.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 6 days by:
5/19/2011
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris the Ford category mentor.

I am sorry no one has gotten to your question, I am just wanting to touch base with you. I am sure many have looked at it and have chosen not to tackle this situation from the computer stance based on the question difficulty where as in person viewing or listening or diagnosing is needed. Most of us will not post unless we are 100% confident in our answers, so we will hesitate if we feel we might mis-direct you. The last thing we want to do is provide the incorrect answer or receive poor feedback from a customer.

If you have more details to add which may assist us getting a answer to you, please do so. I personally do not know the answer to this question, with the information currently available, but if you can add more details, I may be able to help or I can opt out and let others techs here have another look at this concern with the new info in hopes we can then assist.

Other reasons why a tech may have not assisted you is because of a poor accept rate where you have asked many questions in the past but have failed to pay for good answers. The post is just hard to understand using your terminology where as just re-wording it may be the ticket to help us out, so we can help you. The question value may also be set to low for the time involved to help in resolving this concern for you.
I truly do appreciate the response. I have since found my local mechanic who moved from Ford dealer to Ford dealer, as they had closing at an alarming rate. Faster than I could keep up with. Having said that, the security system on the vehicle was reset by the tow-truck operator who ulimately delivered my car to the dealer repair shop. The problem has yet to be solved, and my CARMAX warranty has yet to expire, (EXP 5/19/11).. Understand though that I have never questioned the findings of the person I trust with my car, only CARMAX..
To get to the point, if you are still reading, the OBD II showed code P0420 before the security had a sh!t fit, and that code no longer shows. there are however multiple electrical glitches ranging from auto up/down windows not functioning to the transmission shifting harshly enough to smoke the rear tire(s).
You will be paid for a response, I asked this question late at night night and tried to speed up the process by attempting to ask again, and was then sent to the login screen.. Thank you for your help!
  1. OK so at this point it will start and run for how long till it dies?
  2. When it dies does the theft light start flashing rapid?
  3. Does it restart easily?
  4. Are all windows from all switches faulty?
  5. Did you do anything to resolve the 0420 code?
  6. When you say theft alram is the horn going off or lights flashing?
  7. Any aftermarket alrams or immobilizers on the vehicle?
Responding in order:

Prior to tow truck driver getting the car to stay running;
it shut down immediately and sounded the alarm.. the horn honked in unison with the lights

the theft light went in unison with horn....

only restarted when hooked up to another battery

only the drivers side auto up was inoperable

the check engine light is no longer on..

the only aftermarket item is a k&n cool air intake

Have you installed a new battery or had your charged to max capacity, since yours is currently faulty?

Is your car at home or in the shop?

Are you needing repair advice to fix it yourself or info to relay to the tech or info so you know what the shop is talking about in there repairs?

The battery was replaced 9 mos. ago, and with no diagnoses as of yet, the car is coming home friday.
Once the car gets home, I am going to need to know what the battery voltage is.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician