Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Lincoln MKZ How do I program the remote start on my 2011 MKZ

Customer Question
How do I program the...
How do I program the remote start on my 2011 MKZ to run a specific time or to turn on heated seats
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 2 days by:
5/4/2011
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris the Ford category mentor.

I am sorry no one has gotten to your question, I am just wanting to touch base with you. I am sure many have looked at it and have chosen not to tackle this situation from the computer stance based on the question difficulty where as in person viewing or listening or diagnosing is needed. Most of us will not post unless we are 100% confident in our answers, so we will hesitate if we feel we might mis-direct you. The last thing we want to do is provide the incorrect answer or receive poor feedback from a customer.

If you have more details to add which may assist us getting a answer to you, please do so. I personally do not know the answer to this question, with the information currently available, but if you can add more details, I may be able to help or I can opt out and let others techs here have another look at this concern with the new info in hopes we can then assist.

Other reasons why a tech may have not assisted you is because of a poor accept rate where you have asked many questions in the past but have failed to pay for good answers. The post is just hard to understand using your terminology where as just re-wording it may be the ticket to help us out, so we can help you. The question value may also be set to low for the time involved to help in resolving this concern for you.
I have tried a couple of things 1) Looked at owners manual which says to try Mykey system. that didn't help 2) tried the following website https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/IdentifyVehiclePage&BackToLogin=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&ord=44828970 In this website there is a video describing what I want to do, However, it calls for a five way switch located on steering wheel which my MKZ does not have. Look at the video and see what you think

I am going to opt out thus allowing all the experts to review this info once again to see if someone can help.

Please do not read this then reply, in the event you reply the post will be locked to only me and I will be the only tech which can see the question. Just read this post and keep monitoring your email for a notification of another experts response.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician